Sing and watch the video

Sing and watch the video

martes, 10 de mayo de 2011

REFUND TAX Conversation

Assistant: Can I help you?
Juan: Yes, please. I've bought these trousers and these jerseys, and I want to take them back to Argentina with me. Can I get the refund that I've paid in tax?
Assistant: When did you arrive in the UK?
Juan: It was 24th January.
Assistant: 24th January. And you're leaving when?
Juan: Next Friday.
Assistant: Next Friday. That's 10th February. Oh, well, that's fine. And you're not a British resident?
Juan: No, I live in Argentina.
Assistant: Well, please fill in this form. Your passport and identity document, if I could see that... Thank you. Could I have your home address in Argentina?
Juan: Yes, the address is on this card here.
Assistant: Thank you. And now if I could have your receipts, please. Two jerseys. Are they men's jerseys or ladies' ?
Juan: Ladies' jerseys.
Assistant: What colour are they?
Juan: Well, this one in here is green and this one is purple.
Assistant: A green jersey and a purple jersey.
Juan: And I've got these two pairs of trousers.
Assistant: Two pairs of trousers.
Juan: A blue one and a black one.
Assistant: And are they ladies' or men's trousers ?
Juan: They're both men's.
Assistant: Both men's, yes. Please sign here ... Now then, we'll give you this stamped addressed envelope. I'll put the receipts that you've given me in with this. When you go through the British Customs, give them this form and the receipts and if necessary have your goods accesible so that they can check them.
Juan: So I give this form with my receipts to the Customs.
Assistant: That's right. To the British Customs on your way out of the country.
Juan: Yes.
Assistant: They'll give you one copy back and they'll keep one for themselves.
Juan: I see.
Assistant: There will be a postbox quite near. The copy that they give you, you send it back to us in the stamped addressed envelope, then we'll process it as soon as we receive it.
Juan: So the Customs keep a copy.
Assistant: Yes, the Customs take the bottom copy, and they give you this top copy.
Juan: And I post that back to you.
Assistant: That's right.
Juan: What about the receipts? Do I keep them?
Assistant: Oh, yes, you keep the receipts.
Juan: And how long will the refund processing take?
Assistant: Well, we usually get the form back within one or two days of you leaving the country. We'll send the cheque off to you.
Juan: So you'll send the cheque to my home address in Argentina?
Assistant: Correct.
Juan: I see. Well, thank you very much.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Hello kids!