Sing and watch the video

Sing and watch the video

sábado, 16 de diciembre de 2017

Través



Travel vocabulary


This is a list of vocabulary items related to travel

I go by, I go on means of transport

I go byplaneorI fly
carI drive
shipI sail
bicycle/bike I ride
motorcycle/motorbike
bus
I go onhorse I ride
foot I walk

Useful travel expressions

General travel vocabulary

Public transportation (British public transport) is a system of vehicles such as buses and trains which operate at regular times on fixed routes and are used by the public.
Means of transport
The road / the highway / the port / the airport
Arrival / departure time
Where's the information desk, please?
To commute is to make the same journey regularly between work and home.
It's exhausting commuting from Brighton to London every day.

A journey is traveling from one place to another, especially in a vehicle.
I love going on long journeys.
To journey (verb - usually used with adverb or preposition) = to travel somewhere.
We journeyed south.

At the airport

Show me your passport, please!
l'm here on business / vacation
l'm traveling alone / with my family
Customs is the place at a port, airport or border where travellers' bags are looked at to find out if any goods are being carried illegally
Customs officer is a person whose job is to look inside travellers' bags to make certain they are not taking goods into a country without paying taxes
Anything to declare?
No, there's nothing to declare / Nothing to declare
You've got a lot of baggage! Why don't you use the baggage cart
How much is a one-way ticket (British usually single) to New York?
If you make a round trip, you go on a journey and return to where you started from.
A journey in an aircraft is a flight. Flight also means an aircraft that is making a particular journey
I'll never forget my first flight.
Flight 474 to Buenos Aires is now boarding at gate 9
First class / Business class / Economy class
What time does the plane for.... take off / land?
Check-in is the place at an airport where you show your ticket so that you can be told where you will be sitting.
A representative from the tour company will meet you at the check-in.

At the train station

How much is a ticket to...?
Direct / transfer train
Is there a reduced fare for children / large families?
Where is the station?
Where can we buy tickets?
What time will the train to...leave?
Where is platform number ...?

By ship / boat

A ferry (boat) is a boat or ship for taking passengers and often vehicles across an area of water, especially as a regular service.
We're going across to France by/on the ferry.
A cruise is a journey on a large ship for pleasure, during which you visit several places

By bus / coach

Where is the the bus station, please?
When does the bus leave for...?
How many stops before...?
A bus with/without air-conditioner

By car

Where is the parking lot, please?
Where can I park my car?
Can I park my car here?
Where can I rent a car?
I would like to rent a car for.... days / weeks.
The car costs £30 a day to rent, but you get unlimited mileage (= no charge for the miles traveled)
A car breakdown
I had a breakdown (= my car stopped working) in the middle of the road
A garage is a place where cars are repaired.
The car's still at the garage getting fixed.
Where can I find a garage to repair my car?
Insurance
I'll need to take out extra car insurgente. 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Hello kids!