Sing and watch the video

Sing and watch the video

lunes, 9 de mayo de 2011

BUYING A TRAIN TICKET Conversation

Steve: Can I have a train ticket please?
Agent: Yes, certainly.
Steve: I need a return ticket from Nottingham to Luton. I'm going on Saturday and coming back next Thursday.
Agent: That'll be a weekly return actually, which is a bit cheaper than the ordinary return. That's 25 pounds.
Steve: Can I travel on any trains I like with that ticket?
Agent: Well, there's no restriction apart from coming back; on Friday you said, didn't you?
Steve: No, Thursday.
Agent: Thursday. Well then, there are restrictions coming back on a Thursday. It will depend on what time you're returning. Will it be morning or afternoon?
Steve: Afternoon. I'm planning to come back on either the 6.15 or the 6.45.
Agent: Well , if you come back on the 6.45 you don't have to pay any extra charge, but if you came back on the 6.15, they'd surcharge you up to the normal fare, which would be approximately...about three pounds fifty extra.
Steve: Well, I'll take the cheaper one then.
Agent: Weekly return to Luton. One adult, 25 pounds. And you're travelling on...?
Steve: Saturday.
Agent: Saturday the 21st?
Steve: Yes.
Agent: Here's your ticket. That one's for the outward journey, as it states there, Nottingham to Luton, and the copy is to bring you back.
Steve: Thank you.

1 comentario:

Hello kids!